- NY State Restricted States Travel Advisory
- CDC Hand Washing Tutorial
- How to Safely Wear and Take Off Face Covering
- NY State: Protect Yourself and Your Family
- NYC: Symptoms and What to Do When Sick
- If you have to cancel a trip due to COVID-19, you will be entitled to a trip credit, even if you have to cancel last-minute. Please keep safety in mind and err on the side of caution. Outside of COVID-19, our regular cancellation policies still apply.
- Individuals who are considered to be high-risk, as defined by the CDC, are encouraged to consider the risks of group activities and consult with their healthcare provider before participating in Adventure Untamed in-person programming
- High-risk populations are currently defined by CDC as persons in their 60’s and older; people of all ages with underlying medical conditions (particularly not well controlled), including people with chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma, people who have serious heart conditions, people who are immunocompromised, people with severe obesity, people with diabetes, people with chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis; people with liver disease; and people who live in a nursing home or long-term care facility
- We will temporarily have earlier start times to avoid trail overcrowding
- We will avoid overcrowded trailheads and have alternative itineraries in case the planned route is too crowded to navigate safely. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility
- Any guide or client who has tested positive for COVID-19 may only go on a trip after completing a 10-day quarantine (or a 5-day quarantine, followed by a negative COVID test)
- We will implement health screenings via temperature checks conducted for everyone on trips and via health-check questionnaires that will be required to be completed by all guides and clients on every trip
- How to use a face covering correctly (masks are optional in the van)
- Please wash your hands for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer (hand sanitizers should contain greater than 60% ethanol or greater than 70% isopropanol) frequently (before getting into the van, after disembarking, before and after lunch and as needed throughout the day, and before and after the ride home). Please make sure to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer any time your hands come into contact with your face
- Everyone is encouraged to practice hand hygiene:
- As soon as they come in the house/lodge from outside
- Before handling any food or drinks
- After touching any surfaces, including door knobs, phones, railings, counters, etc.
- After touching your face, blowing your nose, coughing, etc.
- After putting on, touching, or removing cloth face coverings
- After using the restroom
- After being around anyone that is sick, etc.
- After group gatherings
- After touching equipment, including gear if and when possible
- Please maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from all other participants whenever possible and use face coverings when a distance of at least 6 feet cannot be maintained
Before you arrive
- Please email us your signed waiver and COVID-19 Questionnaire (/s/ signatures OK) to
- If you are participating in a multi-day trip, you will be asked to take a COVID test (at-home test is OK)
- A guide will take your temperature with a touchless, infrared thermometer
- How to use a face covering correctly
- Please maintain a 6-foot distance from other participants and guides
In the van (drive to destination and drive back from destination)
- Masks are now optional in the van
After the trip
- If you develop symptoms or test positive for COVID-19 within two weeks of attending
one of our trips, please notify us at email@example.com as soon as possible. If a guide or client tests positive for COVID-19, Adventure Untamed will immediately notify state and local health departments and cooperate with contact-tracing efforts, including notification of potential contacts, such as guides or clients who had close contact with the individual, while maintaining confidentiality required by state and federal law and regulations.
Thank you for your help in keeping everyone safe!